I have struggled this week to implement my plan to cite more references…it is tough to break old habits…but with the project we will be starting on in science, I will have the students create a reference list of websites, pictures, video’s and try to encourage them to use creative commons sites like flicker.
My other initiative was to be a guiding light for my school in the area of technology… and I think I need to reflect and change my view of my role…I need to work less on dumping information onto teachers and focus more on having them collaborate more and share their great ideas with each other…I have found some amazingly talented peers with a lot of tec knowledge this past week and have learned a lot from them…especially their fearlessness in trying out new ideas of yours when they have an opportunity to be a leader with their ideas with you…it is a win- win situation for everyone when this happens…more technology is being implemented in the classrooms and I am learning new material myself.
Wednesday, 14 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Linda to James
ReplyDeleteLearning to cite every reference we use is gong to be as hard for some of us as teaching the students to do the same. If we get in the habit of modeling this, it will become natural for us. In addition, if we start out teaching our students at a younger age it will prepare them to use the process out of habit. During our Walden classes, I have developed a folder with our Bibliography listed. With all the citing we do, this has made things faster and easier for me.
Collaborating and sharing with your peers will enhance the skills for all of you. I have had one peer offer to join in, to try out new technologies. I am hoping as 21st Century learning becomes more integrated that more teachers will start applying the NETS-T to their curriculum and we will have more teachers to collaborate with.